Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hey St Valentine, Tomorrow, under the flag pole after G period, We Fight….

    One of the first things I said in my last post was how much I’ve appreciated everyone’s feedback on all of my postings and because of such positive encouragement, I’m going to post on a much more structured regiment. The idea was to post on a weekly basis. 18 days later… here I am. I hate to be the bearer if bad news, so brace yourself, but I’m lazy. I’d hoped you’d be able to deduce this yourself based off the fact that every post I’ve ever published has never come before 3am, yet we still find ourselves in this unfortunate situation. For that, I am sorry boy and girls. I’ll get better…tomorrow…or the next day…

    I’ve told you before the nites I absolutely *dread* tending bar more than any other are New Year’s, St. Patty’s Day, Gasparilla ect. Granted its great money, but its amateur hour and its not worth the mental torment I’m put through.

    Every guy thinks that because his great-grandfather’s neighbor’s cousin’s milkman was ‘straight off the boat from Dublin,’ he’s got pure Irish blood runnin’ through dem vains. Every girl remembers the glory days with her sorority sisters at the Delta Blowa Dudea house when she could simultaneously pound straight Popov vodka from an ice luge while ambidextrously beating off two Sigma Datea Rapea fraternity brothers. For some reason unbeknownst to me, the vast majority of the people who come out on these drinking holidays think they’re still able to drink like they could 10-15 years ago… regardless to the fact that a ‘nite out’ any other day of the year consists of jalapeño poppers and splitting a round of 2-for-1 house Merlot with the gals from accounting. The point being; tending bar is tiresome on a regular basis… obnoxious doesn’t even begin to describe how fatiguing it is on said holidays when Amateur Hour is in effect and light weights (if you will) drink exponentially more than they ever need to.

    I can officially put Valentine’s Day, or even the eve of Valentine’s Day, in the same category as all the other obnoxious holidays which open up Amateur Hour…but for a different reason. It’s difficult to iterate why for one specific reason. Lemmie describe my nite and maybe you can begin to understand where I’m coming from.
I had flat out forgotten Valentine’s Day was tomorrow until around 6 o’clock tonite…when it all hit me in a wave… like the ‘perfect storm’ starting to develop.

(Editor’s note: rest of post will be published tomorrow… not due to laziness this time, but rather fatigue. I’m a self proclaimed night owl, but it’s far too late even for this degenerate burnout right now. You’ve got my word… and if not, next drink’s on me…)

No comments:

Post a Comment